hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Enough for All


We have a very big Ranier or Queen Anne cherry tree (I don't know how to tell the difference between the two varieties). Over the past four years, it has been very inconsistent in its harvest, although there are always more cherries up at the top where we can't reach them, even with a tall ladder, than down lower where they are easily within my reach just standing about. As a result, we usually get a few cherries while the robins and other assorted flyers get a lot of cherries.

This year, the harvest is abundant and there is more than enough for us all. I am discovering just how many cherries I can eat at one time, in an hour, in a day, in a week. But after that week or so is gone, the cherries will all be gone for another year. (A picture of these cherries as blossoms is here. My patience was rewarded, obviously.)

No comments: