hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Half-Way Through





That is, to next Mid-Summer’s Night, to the Summer Solstice. That’s my idea of Christmas Dreaming. Well the storm roared into Seattle, according to my news sources, but not into the Sunshine Coast. When I quit last night at 11 p.m., it wasn’t snowing and we certainly were not having the promised ‘howling winds.’ This morning around 10 a.m., it did start snowing again and has continued throughout the day, but it is just an ordinary kind of snow storm. Two years ago, we had one like this and the photographic documentation of the 2006 and the 2008 storms are pretty much interchangeable.



The quilt, in between, is of the 2006 storm. No need to repeat making it.

So our power is still on and we can no more get out of the driveway today than we could yesterday. So, I’d say that today is Status Quo.

update: a phone call from a P.R. correspondent brings the news that the Point has about 4 more inches of snow, but has not had terrible wind. Good news, that!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely winter photos! And I like seeing the combination so close of the inspirational photograph and the finished quilt. Thanks-

I am finding that I like this winter weather, but then I have wood for the stove and cookies for Christmas and warm clothes and boots in which to go walking. All of that certainly makes it much more than tolerable. And I know that soon enough it will go back to the rain, rain, rain, so I will enjoy the snow, snow, snow while it lasts.

Stay warm up there! I believe in Polartec in a big way this time of year (and long underwear, wool socks -two pair- and acrylic sweaters!). In my previous life in Hawaii I believed quite stringently in only natural fibre clothing. How odd now to be so adoring of petro-chemical plastic fibres. Proof, perhaps, of not being too rigid in our opinions.

All the best to you both,

Rose