hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Friday, February 12, 2010

Steady Wins the Race

On Wednesday, the rain was coming down slowly, but steadily, when we arrived in Point Roberts.  When we went to the post office, what to my wondering eyes should appear but two guys--one on a ladder, and the other on the actual roof--nailing in shingles on the roof of the community events sign. They had their backs to me more or less and I didn't recognize them from that angle, but whoever they are, good work!  This sign has now been moving through its many phases for almost two years, and each time that another step in its completion is taken, I kind of hold my breath until the next step comes.  This could be dangerous for your health when the spaces get pretty long, of course.

Yesterday, a sunnier day looked upon a roof that appeared to me to be complete.  But the scaffolding was still up, so perhaps there's yet another breath-holding ahead of me.  It hasn't been fast, but it has surely been persistent.  And that, too, is a virtue to be cherished.  However, there is a sign now on that board for a meeting that was held last month...not as current as one might hope.

No comments: