hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Friday, April 2, 2010

Done, Done, Done

Yesterday, I saw the guys taking down the scaffolding around the Community Events Sign, which I think means that it is finally completed.  I thought that the last stage was to put on copper gutters, but it was not apparent to me that there were copper gutters here or any gutters, but maybe I just couldn't see them from my angle.

In any case, it is finally completed, after a long two plus years when I occasionally despaired of it ever getting to this stage.  When I was last actively involved with this project (over a year ago), Judson Meraw and Steve Wolff were the forces behind it.  I know Judson was still at it at the end, but I don't know who else was involved.

In any case, thanks to everyone who made it happen.  Even in the dead of winter, there has almost always been an announcement of something about to happen here in Point Roberts.  The white background of the sign area makes it easy to read as one drives by.  And I am hoping that the solar lighting that was planned for the sign is actually there and working, at least on the days when there's enough sun to power anything.  Certainly not today.

And now we all can wonder if there is some other 'quick and easy' project that we could get behind?  And if there is, how we could have a better chance of its actually being 'quick and easy.'