hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's Hot

It's way too hot for Point Roberts.  The house, which is protected by trees, is 88 degrees by 4 p.m.  I might as well be living in the San Fernando Valley, relatively.  I guess this is the kind of weather that is supposed to send me not only to the beach but also into the ocean.  The problem is, I can't swim, and I have no use for standing around in the shallows looking like a very tall two-year-old.  So it's just hot.

It's also so hot that I forgot to go to the Dog Show on Sunday.  The Dog Show is the best Point Roberts' event of the year, in my view, so i'm pretty sorry about that.  I remembered about 2:30 and rushed over, but it was just closing down.  I'm certain that every dog who got a prize deserved his/her prize, and that every dog got a prize.  Thanks, even in my absence, to PAWS for their good work.

It's possible that it's not the heat but that I can't focus on more than one event per weekend and the Farmer's Market used up all my focus.  But now we're past the weekend, and we're trying to focus on the Community Advisory group's meeting tonight, where they are deciding the fate of the $400,000 for traffic/roads.  Not nearly as good as the dog show is my prediction.  And certainly they're not going to use that almost half million to get a prize for everyone here.