hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Saturday, July 9, 2011

In Point Roberts Again

We are back from the medical adventure in Seattle/U.W.Med.Center, and if I were writing about life in the arms of our medical system, there would be many posts already written in my head.  But, since I'm writing about life in Point Roberts, suffice to say that the surgery was to all appearances successful, the hospitalization long for nowadays (9 days), there's a several month convalescence ahead of us, and we are pretty much exhausted by it all, but happy to have it behind us.

So, I've taken a few extra days off from blog posting (we got back on Wednesday), and will start again in all seriousness on Monday, two days from now.  For now, it was wonderful to come back to sun, to the garden all in bloom (although I missed the peonies' bloom pretty much in the two weeks we were gone), and to sitting on the porch.  I thought of Otis Redding, 'Sitting on the dock of the bay,' but without the bay, but absolutely just wastin' time.

No comments: