hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The 2nd Saturday Market

Last Saturday seemed to me one of the dimmest weather days since last February.  Cold, very heavy overcast, and pouring rain.  June 15?  Who cares, say the Weather Gods.

As a result, the three-hours of the Saturday Market were about equally dim.  I was there on behalf of the library fund-raising committee, but whereas the previous Market day I, by myself, had talked to over 60 people about that project, this Market day, my colleague and I together were able to discuss the Wi-Fi availability at the library with only 21 people.

One can only hope for better results at the next Market day (the 30th).  However the Garden Co-op people did have some beautiful lettuce and kale on sale and will presumably have even more things in two weeks when it really will be warmer and less oppressively grey!  I hope.

No comments: