hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Flooded Me Out

Last night, I set out for the Community Advisory Committee meeting, but by the time I got 1/4 of the way down Gulf Road, the roiling waters became too much for me.  I had forgotten how much Gulf floods when we get a rain like yesterday.  There was a sign announcing the road was underwater; and there were great blinking police lights down where the library might have been.  I once drove through a flooded intersection in Los Angeles and was afterwards told what a bad idea that had been.

So, with much backing and turning in the dark, I gave up my meeting and headed home.  Though, with a brief stop at the market, where I was informed that Benson, too, was flooded.  So I headed back to my house in the middle via APA and South Beach, my evening yet intact.

I am informed from a contact who did get to the meeting that the main feature was an extended discussion as to whether it was permissible for the Chair to send round a piece of paper asking everyone in attendance to write his or her name on it.  Well, I'm not feeling too bad about missing it in that case..

No comments: