hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Spinach!

This week, the International Marketplace had fresh spinach in a bunch (not in a sealed plastic bag).  I've lived here 20 years and I don't remember ever seeing fresh, bunch spinach for sale there.  I thought maybe it didn't exist except in home gardens and plastic bags any more.  And now, here it is.  Another reason to believe that hope should spring eternal.

The end of May and exceeding summerish.  Our rhododendrons are growing AND blooming furiously.  The one outside the fence which gets almost no care, steady exhaust fumes,  and only such water as nature provides, is now almost 10-12 feet tall and covered with bright pink blossoms.  I have lilies covered with buds whose stalks are taller than I am.  Some spring!


No comments: