hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Introduction to Biscuit

The Point Roberts Library has year-round programs for kids, helping to make sure that kids have all the encouragement possible to become readers.  One staff person (of 3) has that as her particular responsibility.  That's a considerable commitment of resources, but why wouldn't we want to make such a commitment?  I can't think of any reason not to, surely.  If we aren't going to make readers out of kids to the greatest extent possible, what are we doing?  Just entertaining our adult selves?

Anyway, one of the events the Library sponsored this summer was having kids draw/paint book covers for a book they especially liked.  I wanted to enter this contest but I didn't have time and also I'm not a kid...I'll never be a kid again, I'm afraid.

But here is one of the winning entries that I really loved.  The name of the book is "Biscuit," but the Bis is obscured by the blue border of the painting.  I am wondering, however, if this dog will ever get up and walk around on all fours (or maybe all fives, including the tail)?  But maybe that's what the book is about: How Biscuit triumphs and becomes a walking dog!  Good job, Allie!  I love your book/dog's picture.

No comments: