hydrangea blossoming

hydrangea blossoming
Hydrangea on the Edge of Blooming

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Door

Another door knocked on (at least metaphorically), another door opens, and behind it is an engineer from Minnesota who works on airline safety issues from Pt. Roberts. I don’t exactly know how he and his wife came to be in Point Roberts. If only the P.R. Historical Society had all those stories, I’d just be able to read it and find out or maybe be reminded of what I once knew. There are a lot of engineers here in P.R.: I can think of4 without even thinking much and I don’t even know that many people well. But when I think of the word engineer, I do not next think of the word musician.

But this engineer is a musician: a talented keyboard player, pianist, and composer. And he has started an AV blog with photography and music. The Vancouver skyline with an edgy musical counterpoint (reminds me a little of Phillip Glass) behind it? In front of it? Swirling around it? Or the moon in our Point Roberts sky, wafting in and out of clouds, like a game of hide and seek, with ethereal music choreographing its moves. And more; and, I trust, more to come.

What a gift to us all! You can find it, see it, listen to it here.

Thanks, Vic!

No comments: